I am extremely pleased to announce that we raised over $65,000 on Saturday, June 8, 2013 for The GRAMMY® Foundation benefiting music education! We plan to hold a silent auction once again this year as part of our 2014 event to help raise even more money. I am very proud to be associated with this wonderful cause and have dedicated myself to continually help bring awareness and raise funds for music education throughout the country. As more and more school districts cut funding for the arts, it is up to us to keep music and the arts alive.
This year's silent auction will be held at the Lincoln Theater on Friday, June 13th from 5:30-7pm prior to the "Friday Night Funk Night" concert and will feature a performance by a local high school jazz band plus complimentary wine tastings from some of the best wineries in Napa Valley.
The following partners will be pouring at the Wine Reception: Rutherford Hill Winery, Castello di Amorosa, Prager Port, Napa Smith Brewery, Chimney Rock Winery, Mi Sueño, Jessup Cellars, Silver Oak Cellars, Twomey, Chandon, Newton, and Jamieson Ranch Vineyards. Lucero Olive Oil will also be on hand offering tastings of their products.
Here's a sneak peek at some of the items up for bid:
* Roland Keytar played and signed by BC *
* Earl Klugh’s Weekend of Jazz at Kiawah Island VIP Package for 2 *
* Kirk Whalum & Ernie Watts signed tenor saxophone *
* Various autographed artwork and vintage vinyl by several artists *
* Napa Valley Wine Basket with various signed bottles *
* “XII” Drumhead signed by BC and Chris Miskel *
* Various Winery Private Tastings and Tour Experiences *
* Handwritten "Dreams" Sheet Music by BC *
...and much more!
We're also excited to have two live auction items that will be auctioned off to benefit the GRAMMY Foundation during the show on Saturday night:
* 57th GRAMMY Awards Platinum Ticket Package with Rehearsal Access *
* Autographed Gibson 335 Guitar by ALL NVJG 2014 artists *
We thank you for your support!