Get to know all the people who are involved in putting together the Napa Valley Jazz Getaway!
Founder & Artistic Director
"I wanted to start a whole new lifestyle experience for my fans that encompasses not only music, but everything we all love and Napa Valley is the perfect place to enjoy all those fine pleasures of life...food, music, art, wine, scenery and more. I hope you can join us for another unforgettable week in wine country, June 11-15, 2014!" - BC
- Favorite Napa Valley Wines: My new Pinot Noir blend that I just did with Reata Wines/Jamieson Ranch Vineyards, Gargiulo Vineyards G Maj 7, Chimney Rock Ganymede Cabernet, Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon, Pride Mountain Vineyards Cabernet Franc, Twomey Merlot, "Galaxy" & so many more!
David is my personal manager as well as the business mind behind this event...basically, he makes it all work. We've been a team for the last eight years and I couldn't imagine doing this without him!
"In my opinion, the Napa Valley is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. It is my distinct pleasure to work with Brian in putting together a truly unique event that brings together music, wine, and food lovers from all over the world. Brian is the ultimate host and I am honored to work along side him." - DB
- Favorite Napa Valley Wines: Heitz Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, Miner Family Winery Cabernet Franc, Silver Oak Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Also a huge fan of "Ahhh...nuts!" homemade by John Prager's mother.
Assistant Managing Director & VIP Liaison
Luke works directly with David and I to help facilitate a million and one things every single day. He's the guy you want in your corner to go that extra mile to get it done right.
"It's been an honor to work with Brian, Michelle, David, Steve, Kim and the rest of the crew who made Napa Valley Jazz Getaway 2013 possible. I can't wait for what's in store for 2014." - LP
- Favorite Napa Valley Wines: Cakebread Cellars Cabernet, Miner Family Winery Oracle, or anything Brian Culbertson or Steve Gage is pouring!
Creative Consultant & Assistant Artistic Director
My creative partner and wife of 15 years, Michelle is my everyday sounding board and all around 'cool' meter. She's the one that got me into wine after studying Italian and performing opera in Tuscany.
"Brian and I were lucky enough to spend our tenth wedding anniversary in Napa, California and we had no idea what was in store for us. We met so many friendly people, tasted so much good food and learned so much about wine. Oh and we did drink some wine as well. Brian and I enjoy sharing what we come across in life be it new musicians, artists, food and wine. Luckily we found a place that incorporates everything that we feel enhances life. Come and meet new people, drink some wine, listen to some great music and try new foods all while staring at some of the most beautiful scenery in the United States" - MC
- Favorite Napa Valley Wines: Brian's new Pinot Noir, Pride Mountain Vineyards Cabernet Franc, Gargiulo Vineyards Pinot Grigio, Chimney Rock Rosé of Merlot
Steve is legendary in Napa Valley and is always the life of the party. He has been a huge part of curating all of our venues and winery partners in addition to helping produce our 1st signature Jazz Getaway Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay. Be sure to have a glass with Steve during one of the late night hangs! (read about the story of how I started this event and how Steve was a big part of it, click HERE)
"The Jazz Getaway is simply the best meeting of music, wine and food on the planet" - SG
- Favorite Napa Valley Wines: So many choices...
Kim comes to Napa Valley Jazz Getaway in 2013, bringing us an expertise and organization that only 10 years of successful concert promotion could provide. She's jumped right in since day one and never looked back!
"Working in the music industry as a concert promoter since 2004, I thrive on all aspects of event planning and organization. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to join Brian's team for the 2013 Napa Valley Jazz Getaway and look forward to combining my love of music, wine and food in one of my very favorite places!" - KZ
- Favorite Napa Valley Wines: Stags' Leap Petite Sirah and Stags' Leap Cabernet Sauvignon, Edict Wines Cabernet Sauvignon.
Guest Services Manager
A native of Detroit, MI, René currently resides in the Washington D.C. area and has been involved in many different types of large events over the years. We are thrilled to have her on our team and hope you had the opportunity to meet her while in Napa Valley. She was a huge help for our 2013 event and she'll continue to be in a bigger role moving forward to 2014 and beyond.
"The 2012 Napa Valley Jazz Getaway was an outstanding experience! I'm delighted to be a part of 2013 with helping guests enjoy the festivities. " - RR
- Favorite Napa Valley wines: Duckhorn Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc and Miner Family Gibson Ranch Mendocino Sangiovese.
Katie Kaniewski - Social Media Coordinator
Kyle Novak - Artist Relations & Transportation
Rick Scott - Publicity
Dave Kuhn - Production Manager
Randy Garber - Set & Lighting Designer
Ross Pallone - FOH Audio Mixer
Shorty Kades - Monitors
Nick Harris - Videographer
Daniel Ray - Photographer